You just made a custard, a hollandaise sauce or a crème brûlée and you have a few egg whites on hands that you don’t want to waste? Here’s an easy and quick to realize (and to devour…) Almond Financiers recipe!
- 75 grams de almond powder
- 90 grams butter
- 40 grams Cuisine Soleil All-Purpose Mix
- 150 grams confectioner’s sugar
- 3 egg whites
- Optional : a few drops of almond extract
- Preheat oven to 465°F
- In a big bowl, mix flour, confectioner’s sugar and almond powder.
- Add the egg whites while mixing well mix well.
- In a saucepan (or you can use your microwave but not on strong settings), melt butter, pay attention not to color it. Let cool and add to the previous mix.
- If you want a more pronounced almond flavor, add a few almond extract drops.
- Fill the financier tins (usually rectangle-shaped, but it doesn’t really matter as long as they are not too deep!)
- Bake for 5 minutes, then lower temperature to 355°F and let it cook for 10 more minutes or until the financiers start looking golden!