It’s always a good time for comfort food like this!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
½ cup lentils flour
½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup chickpeas flour
½ cup tapioca starch
1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into pieces
90 gr. fresh nettles bleached or dried nettles rehydrated (25 gr)
½ teaspoon mashed garlic flower
1 tablespoon salted herbs
Tomato sauce of your choice
- Coat the sweet potato pieces with a little oil and bake at 350 º F until the sweet potato is baked (about 25 minutes).
- In a food processor, puree the potatoes, add the salted herbs, garlic flower and nutmeg and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the flour and knead until it forms a firm dough that will eventually forms a big ball.
- Be careful, you have to be able to manipulate it without being too sticky!
- Cut a quarter of the dough ball and roll it into a tube shape. Then cut into small pieces. To avoid the sticking, add flour as needed.
- Take each small section and give them the typical grooved gnocchi shape. To do so, roll them with your thumb on the back of a fork (it takes a little time…they are also very good smooth!).
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil with 1 tablespoon of salted herbs (do not boil too hard) and immerse the gnocchi. When they rise to the surface, they are cooked! Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a serving dish.
- Add the tomato sauce or coat with your favorite pesto.
- Optional: You can sauté the gnocchi in olive oil with a piece of hot pepper just before mixing to the sauce.