Brown bread without gluten found in grocery stores are not satisfying? Try to make it yourself, it will be much better!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
10 g (1 tablespoon) chia seeds
30 ml (2 tablespoons) water
240 g (1½ cups) brown rice flour
80 g (½ cup) sorghum flour
50 g (½ cup) quinoa flakes
15 g (1 tablespoon) xanthan gum
5 g (1 teaspoon) baking powder
125 ml (½ cup) water
5 ml (1 teaspoon) apple cider vinegar
30 ml (2 tablespoons) oil
30 ml (2 tablespoons) honey
30 ml (2 tablespoons) molasses
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Combine chia seeds with 30 ml (2 tbsp.) water and set aside.
- In a small bowl, using a hand mixer, mix all dry ingredients except baking powder and chia seeds.
- In a large bowl, with mixer always, whisk the egg, water, vinegar, oil, honey and molasses until the mixture is smooth. Add chia seeds.
- Add the baking powder to the dry ingredients mixture.
- While stirring, slowly incorporate the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture. Mix for 4 minutes to get a creamy and smooth texture. Correct the amount of water, if necessary.
- Pour the dough in the loaf pan. Place on top rack of oven turned off.
- Place a large bowl filled with hot water on bottom rack. Close the door and let rise about 45 minutes.
- Bake in center of oven for about 30 minutes at 180 C (350 F).
- Upon exiting the oven, place the bread on a wire rack to cool.