My latest gluten-free sandwich bread recipe has both good taste and texture. It slices beautifully for sandwiches and makes excellent toast.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Difficulty: Moderately easy
1 cup chickpea flour (Cuisine Soleil)
1 cup tapioca flour (Cuisine Soleil)
1 cup brown rice flour (Cuisine Soleil)
1/3 cup flax seeds
2 tsp guar gum
1 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
1 tsp egg substitute
1 envelope instant yeast quick rise
4 tbsp vegan margarine (Becel), room temperature
3 egg whites, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tbsp agave syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cups hot water, NOT boiling water
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan and dust lightly with buckwheat flour.
- In a bowl, whisk the dry ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- In another bowl, blend margarine, egg whites, eggs, agave syrup and vinegar. Add water to egg mixture.
- Using a hand held mixer slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and continue to mix until you have a batter with the consistency of thick cake batter.
- Mix batter at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Dip a rubber spatula in water and scrape the bread batter into prepared pan. Smooth out the top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm draft free place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Place a piece of foil paper after 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning of crust.
- Remove bread immediately from pan and cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.
- Additional notes
- Keep in a Ziploc bag in fridge.