This short pastry will help you bake your pies, quiches and meat-pies!
A recipe made exclusively for Cuisine Soleil’s All Purpose Mix by l’Académie Culinaire.
Yields approximately 1KG.
- 454 g (1 lb) Cuisine Soleil All Purpose Mix
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) salt
- 225 g (1/2 lb) butter or vegetable fat at room temperature
- 250 ml (1 cup) cold water
- In a big bowl, mix flour, salt and butter. Give the mixture a sandy texture with pastry blender (or two knives) if you don’t own one).
- Dig a well in the middle of the mix and incorporate water gradually until the dough starts forming.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate at least 1 hour before using it.
- Roll-out the dough on a smooth and floured surface.
- You might not have to use all the water, go slow!
- The dough shouldn’t be too sticky.
- An over-kneaded dough hardens when cooked.