There are too few gluten free alternatives to these pastry-essentials in the stores. Just take a few minutes to bake your own! Since they “melt in the mouth”, babies (and not only babies…) love them! And if you have some extra time ahead of you. you can use them to make a Charlotte or a Tiramisu!
Yields between 20 and 30 sponge fingers depending on their size. If you are planning to make a Tiramisu or a Charlotte, double the doses!
- 60g Cuisine Soleil All-Purpose Mix
- 90g icing sugar
- 3 eggs
- More icing sugar to sprinkle!
- Preheat oven to 320°F.
- Separate whites and yolks in two medium-sized bowls.
- Whip yolks with half the icing sugar.
- Whip the Cuisine Soleil All-Purpose Mix in.
- Whip the egg whites into peaks using a hand mixer (or courage). Delicately add the other half of the icing sugar using a spatula.
- Add the sugared egg whites delicately to the other mixture using a spatula.
- Using a pastry bag, form fingers on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before trying to remove the sponge fingers from your baking pan.