This gluten-free bread doesn’t need to be toasted to fully enjoy its flavors. This bread is heavier considering the amount of flour I used. Its flavor full, dense, full of nutrition and the right amount of humidity. It will not fall apart in your hands.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Servings : 1246g
350g lentil flour (Cuisine Soleil)
150g brown rice flour (Cuisine Soleil)
150g tapioca flour (Cuisine Soleil)
10 ml guar gum
5 ml xanthan gum
15 ml salt
30 ml gluten-free yeast
15 m l raw sugar
600 ml warm water (43-46ºC /110-115ºF), divided
2 eggs, at room temperature
45 ml canola oil
15 ml cider vinegar
5 ml caraway seeds (optional)
Buckwheat flour for bread mold
- Oil and flour a 24cm x 11cm (9 1/2 x 4 1/4-inch). Put a good amount of flour on the bottom of mold to prevent bread from sticking.
- In the bowl of the stand mixer, mix all the flours, gums and salt together. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in 100ml of the warm water and let rest 5 minutes. In another bowl, mix eggs, remaining 500ml of water, oil and vinegar together.
- Put mixer in Stir mode and add yeast mixture and egg mixture to flour mixture. Beat dough on second speed for 1 minute, then on third speed for about 2 to 3 minutes. Add caraway seeds and beat 1 minute longer. Pour dough in prepared bread mold.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap, then with a kitchen towel. Place in a warm corner and let rise 30 minutes. If it rises rapidly, reduce time to 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 204ºC (400ºF) and place a bowl of warm water on the bottom grill of the oven. Carefully take of plastic wrap; it will stick to the dough.
- Bake bread 15 minutes. Lower heat to 190ºC (375ºF) and cover bread loosely with a sheet of aluminum paper. Bake 45 minutes. Lower heat to 176ºC (350ºF) and bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Unmold immediately and let cool completely on a kitchen rack.