Lime & Chili Pepper Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
We have been waiting for good summer-like weather for a long time, and it’s finally here! Nothing better than those tiny spicy and refreshing ice cream sandwiches created by our partner Sharon Elston, aka The Spice Lady to celebrate !
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Recipe for 48 cookies (24 sandwiches)
- 2 cups all-purpose Cuisine Soleil organic gluten free flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, or fresh birds eye chili (minced), more or less
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4-cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup finely grated lime zest
- Vanilla Ice cream – coconut, ginger, vanilla or lime would work
- Confectioners sugar for presentation
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the dried chili flakes, or fresh chili set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until they are light and fluffy.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Beat in the egg.
- Mix in the flour mixture and lime zest.
- Drop with a portion scoop or by tablespoons onto a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Press with the heal of your hands until the round mound is flattened to about ¼ inch.
- Bake until golden brown on the bottom. About 12 minutes.
- Take two cooled cookies and place about 1/3 cup ice cream between, repeat.
- Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, optional