Sunflower seeds are an excellent source of phosphorus, manganese, copper, and vitamins E and B5. All essential for good health. Make changes and try this delicious bread!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Difficulty: Moderately easy
80 g (1/2 cup) quinoa flour
160 g (1 cup) all purpose gluten free flour
4 g (3/4 teaspoon) baking powder
5 g (1 teaspoon) xanthan gum
35 g (1/4 cup) sunflower seed
60 ml (1/4 cup) agave nectar
60 ml (1/4 cup) oil
125 ml (1/2 cup) apple juice
10 g (1 tablespoon) chia seeds
125 ml (1/2 cup) water, as needed
- Grease a loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, using a hand mixer, mix all dry ingredients except baking powder and chia seeds. Add sunflower seed.
- In a large bowl, always with the drummer, whisk the egg, agave nectar, oil and apple juice until the mixture foams. Add chia seeds.
- Add baking powder to the dry ingredients and mix.
- While stirring, add the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture until it becomes smooth.
- Pour into the mold. Place on top rack of turned off oven.
- Place a large bowl filled with hot water on bottom rack. Close the door and let rise about 45 minutes.
- Then bake 30 minutes then at 180 C (350 F).
- Upon exiting the oven, place the bread on a wire rack to cool.