Black Bean Burgers
A full of flavors, healthy and vegan alternative to a summer classic! A recipe by our partner Marni Wasserman.
- 1 cup black beans, soaked overnight or one 14oz can of black beans
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, grated
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Preheat oven to 350F. Rinse soaked beans, place in a pot with water (cover by 1-2inches).
- Bring water and beans to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 1 1⁄2 hours. Remove from water and drain.
- Place beans in a bowl and mash. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Scoop 1⁄3 cup of batter at a time to form burger patties.
- Place in preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with sprouted buns or salad and enjoy!