This gluten-free cheese bread has a nice somewhat spongy texture. The crust is crunchy and the inside chewy with a nice subtle cheese taste. It cuts very nicely. Can be eaten as is or toasted.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Servings : 950g
300g brown rice flour (Cuisine Soleil)
100g millet flour (Cuisine Soleil)
50g tapioca flour (Cuisine Soleil)
5ml xanthane gum
7.5ml guar gum
60ml warm 2% milk (43-46ºC)
7.5ml raw sugar
22.5ml gluten-free yeast
45ml olive oil
30ml agave syrup
350ml warm water (43-46ºC)
80g strong cheddar cheese, grated
Sesame seeds (optional)
- Oil and flour a 24cm x 11cm Pyrex loaf pan.
- Combine flours, gums and salt in the bowl of stand mixer.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm milk.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour the yeast mixture into flour mixture.
- Add eggs, oil, syrup and warm water.
- Start mixer at the lowest speed gradually increasing to third speed.
- Beat 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and beat 2 minutes more.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Using a wet spatula smoothen out the dough.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let rest 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC and place a bowl of hot water on the lowest rack of the oven (below the bread).
- Bake bread 55 to 70 minutes.
- Immediately remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack before cutting.