Recipe was adapted from Karina’s (glutenfreegoddess) Pizza dough recipe.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Servings : 2 x 12-inch
2 cups tapioca flour (Cuisine Soleil)
1 cup chickpea flour (Cuisine Soleil)
1/2 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup millet flour (Cuisine Soleil)
3 tsp baking powder
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/4 cup warm water (110 – 115ºF)
1 tsp organic sugar
1 envelope active dry yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
2 egg whites, beaten
1/4 tsp rice vinegar
- Grease and lightly flour (buckwheat flour) a 12-inch pizza plate. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together flours and dry ingredients.
- Proof yeast in 1 cup warm water with 1 tsp organic sugar.
- Add the proofed yeast to the flour mixture.
- Add oil, eggs whites and vinegar and rest of water.
- Beat the dough until smooth and sticky.
- The pizza dough should be creamy smooth. It almost borders on batter.
- Cover bowl and let rise 30 minutes covered with a kitchen towel and placed in a warm spot.
- Divide dough in half. Place each half onto the center of prepared pizza pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Using your hands and a dusting of buckwheat flour, working from the center outward and press dough down creating an even pizza shell with a slightly raised edge.
- Place pizza in oven on center rack.
- Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place on a kitchen rack to let cool.
- Repeat procedure with second dough half.
- Additional notes
- I find it better to completly bake pizza crust before putting your toppings. This will prevent pizza crust from becoming soaky. After I put topping, I lightly brushed exposed edges with olive oil.