Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
1 cup of brown rice flour
1 cup of amaranth flour
½ cup of potato starch
2 tbsp. of granulated sugar
1 c. tbsp. of xanthan gum
1 tbsp. or 1 packet of active dry yeast
1½ tsp. of salt
1 cup of sourdough
¼ cup of water
¼ cup of vegetable oil
2 white eggs
- Preheat the oven to
- In a bowl, mix brown rice flour, amaranth flour, potato starch, sugar, xanthan gum, yeast and salt. Set aside.
- Pour sourdough, water, oil into bread machine and add eggs and white egg yolks.
- While bread machine is mixing the ingredients, slowly add dry mixture. Use a spatula to scrape the corners if needed.
- When kneading is done, take the blade off and smooth the top of the bread with a spatula.
- Chose cooking mode. Fix the time to 60 minutes at 175°C, 350°F and let your bread machine bake the bread. Using a thermometer is the most accurate way to determine if the bread is well cooked. It should be at 200°F, 100°C. If the temperature if between 180°F, 85°C and 200°F, 100°C, put the bread machine in ”warm-up” mode. If the temperature is beneath 180°F, 85°C, put the bread machine in cooking mode. Verify temperature every 10 minutes.
- When bread temperature is at 200°F, 100°C, stop the bread machine and let it cool down.